The Key West Heritage House Museum and Robert Frost Cottage, also known as the Jessie Porters Heritage House Museum and Robert Frost Cottage, was a museum located at 410 Caroline Street, Key West, Florida. The Key West Heritage House, purchased by Jessie Porter in 1934 and opened as a museum in 1995, closed on April 17, 2010. Once the home of Key West hostess and preservationist Jessie Porter, the Heritage House contains hundreds of mementos from Key Wests early days, when shipwreck salvaging made it the richest city per capita in the United States. Visitors learn about the propertys role as a gathering place for literary luminaries including Thornton Wilder, Tennessee Williams, Elizabeth Bishop and Robert Frost. Starting in 1945, poet Robert Frost spent 16 consecutive winters in the cottage behind the house, which now bears his name.
Mallory Square is a plaza located in the city of Key West, Florida, U.S. It is located on the waterfront in Key Wests historic Old Town, adjacent to the cruise ship port. It is located just west of the northern end of Duval Street, facing the Gulf of Mexico. It runs the entire length of Wall Street. Adjacent to the square are the Key West Shipwreck Historeum Museum and the Old Post Office and Customshouse.
The San Carlos Institute, also known as the San Carlos, is a Cuban heritage center and museum located at 516 Duval Street in Key West, Florida. The institute was founded in 1871 by members of the Cuban exile community with the goal of preserving and promoting the language, cultural values, and patriotic ideals of the Cuban people. Today, the San Carlos Institute is a multi-purpose facility that functions as a museum, library, school, conference center, theater, and art gallery for the Key West community. The institute maintains several permanent installations related to Cuban history and hosts a number of popular cultural and artistic events.
White Street Gallery District is a neighborhood within the City of Key West, Florida in Monroe County, United States. It is located in the geographical center of the island, and is bounded by White and Leon Streets, and Truman and Flagler Avenues.