BMW 4 Series
The BMW 4 Series is a range of coupe, convertible and fastback models manufactured by the German automaker BMW since 2013. It was unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in January 2013 in Detroit.
The 4 Series was created when BMW spun off the 3 Series 2-door models coupe and convertible into a separate series. In 2014, the "4 Series Gran Coupe" 4-door fastback body style was added to the range.
1. First generation F32/F33/F36; 2013-present
The F32/F33/F36 series is the first generation of BMW 4 Series. It was launched in mid-2013 as the successor to the E92/E93 coupe/convertible models of the fifth-generation 3 Series range. The F32/F33/F36 is produced alongside - and shares many features with - the F30 3 Series. The body styles of the range are:
- 2-door convertible F33 model code
- 2-door coupe F32 model code
- 4-door fastback coupe F36 model code, marketed as "4 Series Gran Coupe"
As per the F30 3 Series range, the F32/F33/F36 is powered by turbocharged petrol and diesel engines with 3 cylinders petrol only, 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders.
The F82/F83 M4 models were introduced in 2014. They are powered by the S55 turbocharged straight-six engine.
2. Second generation G22/G23/G24; 2020-
BMW unveiled the Concept 4 at the 2019 Frankfurt Auto Show, which was 85 percent representative of the production version, and also form the basis of the all-electric BMW i4. Stylistically, the front is dominated by a large new interpretation of the kidney grille, featuring a more vertical design to distance it from the G20 3 Series.The body styles of the range are:
- 2-door convertible G23 model code
- 2-door coupe G22 model code
- 4-door fastback coupe G24 model code, marketed as "4 Series Gran Coupe"